Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Did Microsoft "Accidentally" Reveal Crackdown 3?
    A familiar agility orb symbol suggests yes.

Originally posted by IGN
    A familiar symbol has been spotted on one of the slides shown at the Xbox One reveal, leading to speculation that Crackdown 3 is in development for the console.

A tip was provided to VG247 including the below still, in which you can see Crackdown's agility orb symbol in the bottom left.

Of course the image could just be there for illustrative purposes, or maybe linked to some retro achievements that the user has unlocked, but there's always a chance that Crackdown 3 is coming.

Nothing's been confirmed, but as Microsoft announced its planning on bringing 15 exclusive titles to the Xbox One in its first year, there's every chance Crackdown 3 could be one of that number.

We've reached out to Microsoft for comment and will update the story when we hear back.

Comment

• Argath
      $2 whore
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      Way to dodge all the important questions. And I love how he keeps deferring to comments made by Major Nelson. All Nelson is is a company mouthpiece. You should be answering the questions clown.

I stopped watching the moment he compared the xboxone power state to that of a phone or laptop. Except for the fact, that you know, the xboxone has to be plugged in all the time and is constantly drawing power.

What a colossal shit show this is turning into.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Argath
          What a colossal shit show this is turning into.

Honestly when the thing is on the shelf with the games and the hype...no one will remember this shit. I hardly remember the PS4 conference.

Comment

• Houston
            Back home
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jms493
            Honestly when the thing is on the shelf with the games and the hype...no one will remember this shit. I hardly remember the PS4 conference.
            The conference is already forgotten, but the pathetic limits and restrictions of the Xbox One aren't going to go away when it's on the shelf.

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Houston
              The conference is already forgotten, but the pathetic limits and restrictions of the Xbox One aren't going to go away when it's on the shelf.
              well if it is that restrictive and closed then we will all save a few hundred dollars and the system will die...lets just the PS4 is good then.

Comment

• riley420
                You're goddamned right.
                • Feb 2009

Its almost 8 years old...name one piece of electronic equipment in your house that is 8 years old and still functional besides you TV. The xbox is the oldest piece of equipment I have in my entertainment center and it shows.

Honestly I have basically stopped using the thing except for Forza since getting more into PC gaming. The gaming on the PC just kills it.

Especially playing an superior version of Hitman for $5...
                If my 2006 360 dies in the next 6 months, I will probably buy another one. The scuttlebutt is that a $99 360 SKU will be revealed at E3. I would rather pay $100 for an upgrade (especially to the HDD...I have like 1.5G left on my 20G) to a system I already own with a huge game library then pay $500 for any system that will be plagued with bugs for the first year and have a library of unaffordable games.

I don't think this current gen will die out any time soon. There is just too high of an install base to abandon the large number of 360/PS3 owners.

Comment

• dave
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

How will I get sound?

I know with my PS3, I use one of those adapters, but I need the component outputs for sound.

Originally posted by leaffan
                  This sounds exactly like when old people with those monster ass crt monitors back in the day got mad when newer computers came out with no analog connection and had to pay for the converter.

Long story short if your tv doesnt have hdmi which is an industry standard now its time to buy a new tv. Hell even the newer 360s now dont have component on them.
                  I hear you on that, but my TV (a 44-inch HDTV) purchased in 2003 has a great picture and it seems like a crime to replace it simply for a game console.
                  My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• jms493
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                    How will I get sound?

I know with my PS3, I use one of those adapters, but I need the component outputs for sound.
                    HDMI carries sound and video Mr Wizard.

Comment

• leaffan
                      Colton Orr Fan
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                      I hear you on that, but my TV (a 44-inch HDTV) purchased in 2003 has a great picture and it seems like a crime to replace it simply for a game console.
                      That's extremly doubtful at this point.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• ryne candy
                        Aggie C/O '01
                        • Feb 2009

HDMI carries sound and video Mr Wizard.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

That's just it though. I've already said several times that I want to hold off on next-gen. Hopefully a year. But when Sony had their conference everything excited me. Not once do I remember thinking "Ugh, that sounds like a bad idea. That is totally anti-consumer." Whereas it's the complete opposite with this thing. Nearly everything they talked about seemed negative and made me somehow even less interested in next-gen than I already was. Hell, look at comments on other message boards, videos, etc about this conference and 99% of them are questioning what the fuck M$ was thinking and why the features they are touting are so negative and anti-consumer.

The point of these reveals is to get people excited, not get them depressed.

But yeah, I'm the fanboy.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Comment

• Swarley
                              A Special Kind of Cat
                              • Jul 2010

But when Sony had their conference everything excited me. Not once do I remember thinking "Ugh, that sounds like a bad idea.
                              While I liked pretty much everything they showed, the touch pad on the controller seemed pretty stupid.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Also, in regards to games being tied to your account. I posted how one of my favorite features on PS3 is that I can download items I buy on up to two consoles, which is awesome for me since my wife and I both have our own. Someone replied that is a terrible business strategy. But that's exactly my point. Sony seems to be more pro-consumer wit the things they do which is why I prefer their business model and they way they treat us, unlike M$ where we are just another dollar sign. Is Sony missing out on some money when I can download DLC on two PS3's in my house? Of course. But they also gain my respect and ultimately get more money from me because I am always more inclined to buy DLC and downloadable games from them, as opposed to on the 360, because I know I'm getting twice the value.

It's simple business strategy. You don't always have to fuck over your customers to have a viable business. Making your customers happy, with small things like allowing multiple downloads, is what keeps them coming back.

For instance, Call of Juarez Gunslinger just released the other day. Wy on Earth would I buy it on 360 when I get to download it twice and maybe play the Arcade Mode with my wife. Not only do I get two copies of it but Sony got my business for something I really was on the fence about. Knowing that I get double the vale makes me more inclined to make the purchase.

They also don't have to offer cross-buy with the Vita, but they do. Just another aspect of being pro-consumer, as opposed to M$'s very anti-consumer policies with almost everything they do.

Comment

Working...