X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
    Was this an issue the original Kinect had? I thought it parsed out languages/accents pretty well (I'm honestly just going based on what I think I remember, not sure).
    It can't even understand English. I can't imagine how bad other languages must be. It's so much fun trying to shout "audible" in 15 variations while playing Madden before it finally recognizes what you're saying. Keep in mind that game only needs to recognize like a handful of words.

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      Not even close to the same thing. Back then bluray was brand new technology and like anything new it was crazy expensive. Standalone players were going for $1000 or more and people were buying them. As hard as a pill to swallow as the $600 price was back then you were actually getting far more for your money than you were for the $400 360. I remember having arguments upon arguments about that over at MM and that was when almost everyone, including myself, was shitting on the ps3 and the only defenders were DJ and Anddo. For $600 you got top of the line bluray player, built in wireless, rechargeable controllers and free online. I ended up paying well over $700 to get all of that on my 360, minus the bluray of course.

So yeah, not even close to the same comparison.
      disagree

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
        disagree
        Cool story bro.

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

Cool story bro.
          it was either that or I "GROAN" you.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
            it was either that or I "GROAN" you.
            Go ahead. You know I'm right.

The 360 appeared cheaper but was actually much more expensive, thanks to M$ cutting corners and then charging exorbitant prices for proprietary "accessories", most of which people needed. $100 for a wireless adapter was fucking laughable. $50 for a Play N Charge kit that wouldn't hold a charge after six months? Yes please! $50 for Live? OMG yes!

And then when they did try to compete with bluray they released a $200 add on HD DVD player that was absolute shit. I was one of the dummies that actually bought one too.
            Last edited by Twigg4075; 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

but I dont want to Groan you...I wuv you.

Comment

• Garrett67
                Glory Hole Monitor
                • Feb 2009

The ONLY reason I pre-ordered the Xbox 3 is because of Forza. I'm not even sure if that is enough to make me get it. In all honesty, I don't even know if I will keep either console.

Although I will most likely change my mind 63 times before now and the time the consoles release, I have really been considering and researching a gaming PC and might actually go that route , leaving consoles in my shadow.

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Garrett67
                  The ONLY reason I pre-ordered the Xbox 3 is because of Forza. I'm not even sure if that is enough to make me get it. In all honesty, I don't even know if I will keep either console.

Although I will most likely change my mind 63 times before now and the time the consoles release, I have really been considering and researching a gaming PC and might actually go that route , leaving consoles in my shadow.
                  I would say, "so you can not race with us some more," but I have no intention of getting it at launch anyways lol.

Comment

• Garrett67
                    Glory Hole Monitor
                    • Feb 2009

I'll sell you mine for $9999

Oh, and I hardly race with you guys now.

Comment

• Primetime
                      Thank You Prince
                      • Nov 2008

It can't even understand English. I can't imagine how bad other languages must be. It's so much fun trying to shout "audible" in 15 variations while playing Madden before it finally recognizes what you're saying. Keep in mind that game only needs to recognize like a handful of words.
                      Can you write a review on the next-gen kinect since you know so much about it please? Thanks.

Comment

• Primetime
                        Thank You Prince
                        • Nov 2008

The 360 appeared cheaper but was actually much more expensive, thanks to M$ cutting corners and then charging exorbitant prices for proprietary "accessories", most of which people needed. $100 for a wireless adapter was fucking laughable. $50 for a Play N Charge kit that wouldn't hold a charge after six months? Yes please! $50 for Live? OMG yes!

And then when they did try to compete with bluray they released a $200 add on HD DVD player that was absolute shit. I was one of the dummies that actually bought one too.
                        I don't mean to be rude, but you should bash yourself for being an idiot shopper for more than just the HD DVD player before bashing the costs involved. I paid no more than $20 for my play and charge kit and I've never paid above $35 for live, usually in the $25 range. I'll gladly pay seven cents a day for the far superior current-gen online of XBL vs PSN.

Comment

• KNUBB
                          WHITE RONDO
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
                          I don't mean to be rude, but you should bash yourself for being an idiot shopper for more than just the HD DVD player before bashing the costs involved. I paid no more than $20 for my play and charge kit and I've never paid above $35 for live, usually in the $25 range. I'll gladly pay seven cents a day for the far superior current-gen online of XBL vs PSN.
                          This is next gen thread tho

Comment

• Primetime
                            Thank You Prince
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by KNUBB
                            This is next gen thread tho
                            And the discussion was about current gen

Comment

• KNUBB
                              WHITE RONDO
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
                              And the discussion was about current gen
                              I'm getting it back on topic

Comment

• Primetime
                                Thank You Prince
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by KNUBB
                                I'm getting it back on topic
                                Okay, back on topic. Will any games at launch be able to support 8 players at once like the console itself is able to?

Comment

Working...