X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Atlas
    I saw this yesterday, but wasn't this bc he was not logged into his home system and trying to use a game on said system, hence the check (Which is the exact same way it did it on 360/ps3)? At least that was the explanation as to why none of the major sites have picked up this story as of yet...

Also glad to see the four people who will never and weren't even considering buying an xbox before this "story" are all commenting on it...

Checks occurred right in the middle of playing a game? Yeah, no. It would do the check prior to the game starting, if at all. I've never seen a 360 or PS3 Game boot back to the dashboard during the middle of plat to verify authenticity.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Twigg4075; 12-20-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Atlas
      BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
      • Feb 2010

The way it was explained, he was logged in on a secondary console playing his digital game and someone else logged in to play the same game on his home console, thus it bringing up the message...

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075

Checks occurred right in the middle of playing a game? Yeah, no. It would do the check prior to the game starting, if at all. I've never seen a 360 or PS3 Game boot back to the dashboard during the middle of play to verify authenticity.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

The way it was explained, he was logged in on a secondary console playing his digital game and someone else logged in to play the same game on his home console, thus it bringing up the message...
          Now that would make sense, although it would seem highly unlikely.

Comment

• Atlas
            • Feb 2010

Also I think it does it on a timer when you are offline and playing a game you own (digitally) on a secondary console...

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

This happened to me when I went home for Thanksgiving.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
                This happened to me when I went home for Thanksgiving.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
                Don't get me wrong, I can see it happening. What I think is unlikely is that someone that is that hard core a fan, who is participating in a tournament for a game, is going to have a friend/family member at home trying to play the game at the same time. Just impeccable timing.

And you would think that if a tourney is going to expect you to provide your own copy of the game, digital or otherwise, how can they afford to supply XBones? Wouldn't they have required the contestants to bring their consoles too?

Last edited by Twigg4075; 12-18-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                  PTFO
                  • Mar 2009

So did I miss something about "Xbox Record That" not working anymore? I tried it twice tonight and nothing happened.

I went to figure out what was wrong and now you say "Xbox snap game DVR" and select how far back you want it to record.

When did this happen?

edit: Also, my BF4 voice commands don't work anymore but I need to go back and see if somehow I disabled it.

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                    So did I miss something about "Xbox Record That" not working anymore? I tried it twice tonight and nothing happened.

I went to figure out what was wrong and now you say "Xbox snap game DVR" and select how far back you want it to record.

When did this happen?
                    You can use either. Xbox record that is for 30 seconds. Snapping game DVR is for up to 5 minutes.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                      PTFO
                      • Mar 2009

Hmmm. I said Xbox record that twice in BF4 and in the upper right it showed Xbox Record That in the green bubble. So I know it knew what I said, just didn't do anything.

Comment

• Primetime
                        Thank You Prince
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                        Hmmm. I said Xbox record that twice in BF4 and in the upper right it showed Xbox Record That in the green bubble. So I know it knew what I said, just didn't do anything.
                        Could be a DICE issue with the new update? I haven't had any issues with 2K14 or Forza.

Comment

• Atlas
                          • Feb 2010

Yea I was recording clips earlier today on forza with no issues, might be another dice fuckup...

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

I could get one of these pretty easily right now, but I only see one exclusive I'd buy for it, Forza 5, and I don't really need to get Forza all that badly.
                            My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                              PTFO
                              • Mar 2009

But dave you can control it with your voice, why would you NOT want to get one???

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                                I could get one of these pretty easily right now, but I only see one exclusive I'd buy for it, Forza 5, and I don't really need to get Forza all that badly.
                                I'm in the same boat as you Dave. These things are available everywhere here but I don't have any interest in any of the games right now. Forza is cool but not $560 cool. I don't want one that bad.

Comment

Working...