X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Villain
    [REDACTED]
    • May 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Handicapped brother forces sex upon his sister next to the dead body of their dead incestual aristocratic love child.

Because Game of Thrones.

[REDACTED]

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

I mean, this is the same show where a girl lets her brother finger blast as a practical joke when he doesn't know it's her ... so ... par for the course in 'steros

Comment

• seaplus
        Posts a lot
        • Apr 2009

in your opinion, was Cersei raped?
        *<|8-D

Comment

• Bane
          Noob
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by seaplus
          overall no, she obviously was into it towards the end. it was just the location/the idea of being easily caught that turned her off.

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by seaplus
            In my opinion, what was depicted on screen was a rape, yes. Editor or director, or both, botched the execution. Sounds like they intended for it to come across much less rapey based on interviews.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
              In my opinion, what was depicted on screen was a rape, yes. Editor or director, or both, botched the execution. Sounds like they intended for it to come across much less rapey based on interviews.

http://www.avclub.com/article/george...ault:1:Default
              I think she was into it by the end, but it was definitely pretty rapey before that. I am of the opinion that the book segment was pretty rapey too though (we only get Jaime's perspective, after all). Overall, they definitely took a swing and a miss on trying to show what was one of the more disturbing moments of the books.

Still, I read some ludicrous article on Jezebel (shocker, there), about blah blah blah this was despicable blah blah blah. Give me a break. 1) worse is discussed and occurs constantly in the books; and 2) what is with the response to this show seemingly behaving as if the characters are real every Monday morning? This is still a fantasy story, right?

Comment

• Houston
                Back home
                • Oct 2008

Well if ever there was a woman who deserved to get raped....

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bane
                    overall no, she obviously was into it towards the end. it was just the location/the idea of being easily caught that turned her off.
                    I took it more as this also. She didnt want to be seen. However recent activity makes me think it it had to be more rapey for him to be trying to establish some control and dominance again.
                    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                      I took it more as this also. She didnt want to be seen. However recent activity makes me think it it had to be more rapey for him to be trying to establish some control and dominance again.
                      That's how it should have played out. IMO I think they did a very poor job of conveying that.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Listening to a podcast about the episode, and it seems to echo similar sentiments to the rest of the internet. The most irritating thing about this though (and even some other things that I've read) is that everyone is so mortified by this scene, yet I have heard the absolutely random village MASSACRE and presumed EATING of a child's family and village has been described as "amazingly done". 'Murica baby: violence rules.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                          Beautiful Like Moses
                          • Oct 2008

As creepy as the scene was I didnt really take it as a rape scene, more just Sersei resisting, because well... it was beside the dead body of their son.. but actually really wanting her King to be Slayed.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                            Listening to a podcast about the episode, and it seems to echo similar sentiments to the rest of the internet. The most irritating thing about this though (and even some other things that I've read) is that everyone is so mortified by this scene, yet I have heard the absolutely random village MASSACRE and presumed EATING of a child's family and village has been described as "amazingly done". 'Murica baby: violence rules.
                            I agree that those who are taking issue with it on grounds of it being distasteful or repulsive should have probably stopped watching the show a long time ago. The ones who are just mad because their precious Jaime redemption arc has become less black and white, well ... they can kick rocks.

It's a slight characterization change, sure, but this is the same character who tried to murder an 8 year old (after being caught having incestuous sex with very same woman, of course). He can still be #layered and have shades of #grey. I have to agree with a twitter comment I saw that said GRRM had whitewashed Jaime almost too much in the books.
                            Last edited by NAHSTE; 04-23-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Pitty
                              Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kuzzy Powers
                              As creepy as the scene was I didnt really take it as a rape scene, more just Sersei resisting, because well... it was beside the dead body of their son.. but actually really wanting her King to be Slayed.
                              That was a rape scene.

Comment

• Trmszczykowski
                                The Mountain recast
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
                                It may seem like a double standard but the "rape" scene went against Jamie's redemption arc. It seemed out of character, meanwhile I was happy with the Wildling/Thenn raids because that's what we're supposed to expect from them, They're big, mean, and scary, and they acted like it.

Comment

Working...