• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    He's been John Jay'd.

If Yonder Alonso is still a Red a week from today, I won't watch the Reds for the rest of the season.

Ok, that's a lie. But they better trade him, or I will definately do an angry backwards fist wave, or something.
    It depends on what you are offered for him.

Should be a premier player since he's one of the better prospects that could be had on the market.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      It depends on what you are offered for him.

Should be a premier player since he's one of the better prospects that could be had on the market.
      That's what I mean, we need to get something for him NOW. He's the first name that comes up in all of these deals, just move the kid already and add something to this roster.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

That's what I mean, we need to get something for him NOW. He's the first name that comes up in all of these deals, just move the kid already and add something to this roster.
        The deal for Shields sounded pretty good, IMO.

Yonder is blocked at first by Votto and in the OF, he's not blocked, but you might be fitting a square peg in a round hole. However, he's a solid bat, just not the OF type you'd probably want. The catcher is good, but the Reds have three strong catching prospects and Yasmani Grandel might be the guy they want to roll with going forward.

Yonder + the catcher might be a bit much for Shields, but its doable.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

20 scouts watching Ubaldo get bombed today.

Anyone who gives up big time propects for him is crazy. I'd much rather have Shields, that guy is a horse who is currently having his career year, not a year removed from it like Jimenez.

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

20 scouts watching Ubaldo get bombed today.

Anyone who gives up big time propects for him is crazy. I'd much rather have Shields, that guy is a horse who is currently having his career year, not a year removed from it like Jimenez.
            And really couldn't you call his "career year" a "career half year"?

Comment

• Slateman
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mcstl25
              Will be interesting to see how the Cardinals' Colby Rasmus situation unfolds. I don't think he'll get traded, but the guy is too talented to be sitting the bench. However, with Jon Jay outplaying Rasmus in every aspect of the game, the Cardinals can't justify playing Rasmus every day in center (nor in LF or RF with Holliday and Berkman). I like Rasmus, but he is reminding me of JD Drew more every day. May be time to trade Rasmus and hope that the deal works out as well as the JD Drew for Adam Wainwright deal.
              He's been John Jay'd.

If Yonder Alonso is still a Red a week from today, I won't watch the Reds for the rest of the season.

Ok, that's a lie. But they better trade him, or I will definately do an angry backwards fist wave, or something.
              Supposedly, the Cards are talking to the White Sox about Rasmus.

Originally posted by MVPete1982
              Rays need a 1B and C, even though Kotchman is having a career year he is still a slap hitter in a lineup full of slap hitters and the Rays don't really have a stud 1B prospect. If the Reds are serious about making another run this year the Rays could deal them a SP(Shields, Niemann, Davis), Brignac at short who is solid defensively to help Edgar till Cozart comes back, and a reliever(Farnsworth?) for those 2 prospects.
              Hmmmm ...

Ian Desmond, Chris Marrero, Derek Norris and ... another prospect not named Harper
              The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
              As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
              If only I had died instead of you
              O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                aka Reece
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MVPete1982
                Rays need a 1B and C, even though Kotchman is having a career year he is still a slap hitter in a lineup full of slap hitters and the Rays don't really have a stud 1B prospect. If the Reds are serious about making another run this year the Rays could deal them a SP(Shields, Niemann, Davis), Brignac at short who is solid defensively to help Edgar till Cozart comes back, and a reliever(Farnsworth?) for those 2 prospects.
                Yeah I think Rays would love one of those C prospects from Cincy...maybe if they add a Brignac to sweeten the deal, they could get one.
                Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• mcstl25
                  M-Castle
                  • Feb 2009

He's been John Jay'd.

Exactly. As far as I know Rasmus is healthy, just hasn't been playing well. I believe he's hitting under .200 since mid-May. Meanwhile, Jon Jay has quickly become a fan favorite in St. Louis because, on top of hitting over .300, he does all of the little things that Ramsus doesn't. He plays a better CF, has a more accurate throwing arm, runs the bases well, and looks like he actually wants to be on the field. Rasmus does everything very JD Drew-like, meaning he has all the talent in the world but looks like he's just going through the motions.

Comment

• Woy
                    RIP West
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mcstl25
                    Exactly. As far as I know Rasmus is healthy, just hasn't been playing well. I believe he's hitting under .200 since mid-May. Meanwhile, Jon Jay has quickly become a fan favorite in St. Louis because, on top of hitting over .300, he does all of the little things that Ramsus doesn't. He plays a better CF, has a more accurate throwing arm, runs the bases well, and looks like he actually wants to be on the field. Rasmus does everything very JD Drew-like, meaning he has all the talent in the world but looks like he's just going through the motions.
                    That throw at the end of the game yesterday was pitiful.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Apparently, Beltran doesn't want to go to the AL (because of the DH) which would take Boston and Texas out of it.

Hopefully SF, PIT, MIL, ATL and PHI drive up the price on each other.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        Apparently, Beltran doesn't want to go to the AL (because of the DH) which would take Boston and Texas out of it.

It's gonna come down to SF and Philly, IMO. The rest of those teams will realize what is happening and blink at the escalating price. Atlanta is not in a desperate enough position to mortgage the farm for a strict rental, they could just sit on their assets or go talk to Houston about Bourn or Pence. With San Francisco's offense and Philly's aging roster, they will have more incentive to make a move.

I suspect Wheeler (Sabean has done it before, wouldn't shock me) or Cosart end up in the deal if the Mets successfully play every team against each other as they plan to. The Braves will bow out quickly if Mike Minor/change isn't enough.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

I just don't see Philly getting him without giving up Brown, and I don't see them giving Brown up.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                            #DoSomething
                            • Feb 2009

Reportedly, both the Giants and Phillies are interested in Upton with Philly said to be speaking to Tampa about a possible trade. Gotta think that whoever doesn't get Beltran, goes after Upton. Then again, maybe Philly pulls the trigger first, nabs Upton and then Beltran is left to the Giants?
                            Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Hunter Pence is not being dealt this week.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF

Mike Minor is the latest name I'm reading that the Mets are interested in.

The Giants won't give up Belt or Wheeler, but would include Gary Brown.

Comment

Working...