X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Brett Favre = football player

Every Sunday he was there, starting on Sept. 27, 1992. Freezing rain, sleet, blowing snow. Nothing stopped Brett Favre(notes).

Through separated shoulders, concussions and sprained knees, broken thumbs, torn biceps and twisted ankles, he played.

He began as the fresh-faced hero of the Cheeseheads, then became their Super Bowl champion and MVP, until the Green Bay Packers wearied of his on-and-off retirement and cut him loose. He has worn two different uniforms since then— Jets and now Vikings—and he’s had surgery after the last two seasons.

Still, he’s been there, on the field, for every game.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rush
      My ass wouldn't have been playing. And not one damn person on this forum would have been playing either lol.

He stays in the game and we lose 28-0.
      Was a confirmed Grade II?

Hadn't seen that yet.

Comment

• Rush
        vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Black Pand
        Yeah obviously no one on this forum would be playing. But that angle goes completely out the window when you have current and former players criticizing Cutler. Also when you have documented cases of other QBs and other players in general playing through injuries.
        He is a quarterback behind a shitty offensive line where he was sacked 52 times. He is the target on every single play. He was going up against a swarming pass rush and the #2 defense in the NFL.

Can that at least be taken into consideration? It's not like we were playing the Browns lol

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

Tom Brady = football player

"The concern with a stress fracture in that navicular bone is a lot of stress with weight transfer," Bell said. "That's Brady's plant foot, so it really does make his season that much more impressive. Every time he has to plant and throw, you're transferring weight through that foot, transferring weight through a fracture.

"There's no doubt he was playing through pain. Yet he still was remarkably effective.

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
            Mark Sanchez got fucking killed by James Harrison, gave the Steelers a touchdown and a 24 point lead, and then stayed in the game and led his team back on the road to almost a victory against the most violent defense in the NFL.

Jay Cutler bumped his knee, took a seat on the bench, and tucked his dick inbetween his legs like a fucking pussy when his team needed him most at home and only down by 2 scores.

You Bears fans are really something else sticking up for this guy. I can't even believe it to be honest. Guy fucking quits in the NFC Championship and you guys are sticking up for him.

This is why I will always have respect for a guy like Favre. Not the smartest guy or a nice guy or whatever but the guy was fucking tough and would have to be dragged off the field kicking and screaming in the NFC Championship game. You'd literally have to cut his leg off for him not to go back in that game.
            But see O it wasnt a bump on the knee. And again, the COACH took him out. And the coach ALSO said Jay WANTED to play. Were not sticking up for the kids play. Were just saying, he was hurt. Hell man, the kid got sacked 8 times in one half, and was willing to come back in that game!

Comment

• Atlas
              BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
              • Feb 2010

LOL yeah, sure, Rush. Believe whatever you want to believe. OBVIOUSLY nobody on earth is as tough as Jay Cutler, and if he couldn't play, no way in hell could any of us.
              i dont think many people could do what an NFL QB does with the MCL injury Cutler sustained... immediately playing after sustaining such an injury, especially without receiving a cortisone shot, is damn near impossible... people keep bringing up rivers, but he had a week off to let all the swelling go down, he didnt play immediately...

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                Jus' bout dat action boss
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
                Wouldn't it be great if it came out that Cutler injured the knee during that meaningless week 17 game against the Packers where he threw like 40 passes?
                Or judging by Rush's thread.. if Raheem Brock was the one that injured him?
                Originally posted by ram29jackson
                I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• Rush
                  vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                  Raheem Brock got man handled by Chris Williams for 4 qtrs. Possibly J'marcus Webb too

Comment

• Rush
                    vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                    double

Comment

• Tailback U
                      No substitute 4 strength.
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Atlas
                      i dont think many people could do what an NFL QB does with the MCL injury Cutler sustained... immediately playing after sustaining such an injury, especially without receiving a cortisone shot, is damn near impossible... people keep bringing up rivers, but he had a week off to let all the swelling go down, he didnt play immediately...
                      Have you ever played football? If you've played, especially through college, then you've played through numerous injuries that are just as painful as a MCL sprain.

Fact is, Cutler played after the injury. You actually think Cutler is the toughest guy alive and that nobody else could play when he did? Get real man. It was clear that he was actually able to play after the injury and didn't even look that bothered by it. So it wasn't a question of how effective he was going to be.

I just think it's funny how all week we heard about the PACKERS AND THE BEARS THE MOST HATED RIVALRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL and all these old guys from way back when were all over TV and the radio talking about how much the game meant and how hard hitting it was and how there is nothing that would take them out of the game. And then Culter sprains his MCL and is done. LOL.

Comment

• Rush
                        vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

It's not Cutler's call to go back in.

RT @ZachZaidman: Jerry Angelo says the Bears were ready to start the 2nd half with Todd Collins, but Jay Cutler pleaded to return to action.
                        During a press conference about 5 minutes ago.

Comment

• bucky
                          #50? WTF?
                          • Feb 2009

Jay Cutler bumped his knee,
                          An MCL tear is bumped knee. You are an F'n idiot. Go ahead and blast Cutler for playing poorly, for not being a leader, for immaturity. But to trash on him for an MCL tear and call it a bumped knee. How stupid can you be?

This is why I will always have respect for a guy like Favre. Not the smartest guy or a nice guy or whatever but the guy was fucking tough and would have to be dragged off the field kicking and screaming in the NFC Championship game. You'd literally have to cut his leg off for him not to go back in that game.
                          And he would throw the game ending int that sends the other team to the SB. And in 2007, he didn't look so tough in the cold. Looked kind of old and seemed to not have his heart in the game. You would not believe how disappointed I was after that. I liked having him in GB, but knew at that point he was not the same QB anymore.

Comment

• Atlas
                            BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                            • Feb 2010

Have you ever played football? If you've played, especially through college, then you've played through numerous injuries.

Fact is, Cutler played after the injury. You actually think Cutler is the toughest guy alive and that nobody else could play when he did? Get real man.
                            i was a tight end at WVU, and yes, i played through injuries... when i tore my ACL and PCL, i couldnt play immediately, hell, i could barely move my knee... the week after, when the swelling went down, i played... no skill position player would be able to play after IMMEDIATELY tearing their MCL (without receiving a cortisone shot), there would be too much swelling...

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rush
                              It's not Cutler's call to go back in.

During a press conference about 5 minutes ago.
                              People will continue ignoring this.....

Comment

• Rush
                                vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Ill post it again then.

RT @ZachZaidman: Jerry Angelo says the Bears were ready to start the 2nd half with Todd Collins, but Jay Cutler pleaded to return to action.

Comment

Working...