X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
    Wilbon's article was "meh". Never heard any stories about his Chciago teammates having issues with him.
    Yeah I though it was pretty pointless. Just compiled many of the quotes from other NFL players which we've already seen.

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
      Jeremy Roenick (a true Chicago Sports legend, before Rush's fandom, google him if you need to) = more of a football player than Jay Cutlerz
      So wait....youre comparing hockey to football? Isnt skating much easier on the knees?

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Jim McMahon is a pussy too.

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

MJD is trying to retract his tweet..

Pro Bowl running back Maurice Jones-Drew says he never meant to take a shot at Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler or question his toughness.

The Jacksonville standout tells The Associated Press his Tweet comparing Cutler to former Florida coach Urban Meyer was merely a joke -- one that clearly backfired.

Jones-Drew says he was rooting for Cutler and the Bears in Sunday's NFC championship game, and when Cutler left in the third quarter, Jones-Drew thought it was the perfect time to poke fun at the Gators.

"Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT," Jones-Drew posted on his Twitter page.

Jones-Drew has received death threats and plenty of ill will from Bears' fans. The Bears have also defended Cutler, who was diagnosed with MCL tear on Monday.
          What about this one MJD?

"All I'm saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee... I played the whole season on one...""

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

I wonder if MJD will play both ways next season. Jags could use him in the secondary with that backpedal technique.

Comment

• bucky
              #50? WTF?
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
              Jim McMahon is a pussy too.
              Wasn't it after that clown Martin slammed him to the ground when he just was never the same after that? Wasn't it Martin? Didn't he really mess up McMahon's shoulder?

Not the proudest moment in GB Packers history. But it does give good chuckles many years after when thinking about the rivalry.

Damn McMahan was pretty tough. A little out there, but tough.

Comment

• Leftwich
                Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by North
                I wonder if MJD will play both ways next season. Jags could use him in the secondary with that backpedal technique.
                You couldn't have possibly made that up yourself.

Then again you are a writer

Originally posted by Tailback U
                It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Bmore
                  The True Free-Man
                  • Oct 2008

MJD is getting death threats? LMAO

You Bears fans crack me the fuck up.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by bucky
                    Wasn't it after that clown Martin slammed him to the ground when he just was never the same after that?
                    McMahon was injury prone well before that happened.

Originally posted by bucky
                    Damn McMahan was pretty tough. A little out there, but tough.
                    And guess what?

McMahon sprained/tore his MCL in a 1988 game against the Patriots and missed the next 7 games. He tried to come back for the playoffs but played like shit.

Comment

• Rush
                      vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

MCL Sprain II isn't a bullshit injury. The Cutler talk is starting to lose steam.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rush
                        MCL Sprain II isn't a bullshit injury. The Cutler talk is starting to lose steam.
                        Desperate sports writers will run with it for a few more days just like the Declan Sullivan stuff as well. Slow news cycle until the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Rush
                          vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

I was surprised how much steam this thing had though. After seeing it repeatedly, I feel like we all got trolled into caring more about this.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I was surprised how much steam this thing had though. After seeing it repeatedly, I feel like we all got trolled into caring more about this.

Comment

• mcstl25
                              M-Castle
                              • Feb 2009

My brother's friend's sister's uncle was the quarterback for the 2007 greater St. Louis flag football championship team, and he had TWO torn MCLs!!!

:smug2:

Cutler is still a pussy.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                                aka Reece
                                • Apr 2009

What do you guys think about Sanchez being saved by the Cutler backlash? Sanchez loses the AFC Championship game yet was seen putting a booger on Brunell on the sidelines, had Cutler done awesome....where would Sanchez be right now in the media?
                                That's because ya bum ass QB was the only one out of the 4 QB's who got injured and didn't return to the game.

BigBen- took a knee to the upper hip/thigh, limped a bit but stayed out there
                                Rodgers- he got blasted on one play, almost concussion worthy but stayed out there
                                Sanchez- got destroyed by Harrison, looked to seriously hurt his arm/hand/shoulder, but went back out there next series. Plus he played great after that play.

Much of the Cutler reaction is because he's bitchmade and it seems most of the NFL really dislikes his attitude. You see FOX didn't do him service by saying his return was questionable when in reality he was ruled out.

This perception and the fact that he was just shown literally standing on the sidelines makes many to believe he doesn't have heart, or simply can't withstand that pain to go out there and compete.

We don't know his pain tolerance. All I know is the ACL/MCL/PCL, etc, they all stablize the knee. If his knee was wobbling, his knee wasn't stable, and he can't effectively play the QB position.
                                Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                                Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

Working...