X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Mr.Touchdown would be a good gimmick for Jack Swagger.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

How as the feed for you guys? Mine was hit or miss but it looked good when it worked.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Pretty good it lagged just a tiny bit here and there but overall it was very good.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
          War Hero
          • May 2012

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

Going to watch CHIKARA King of Trios today.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

have we covered this?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

I skimmed something about it. Is Pearce retiring?

Classic old school heel.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                  I skimmed something about it. Is Pearce retiring?

Classic old school heel.
                  The story is that they had this whole seven match series planned out, but then the people in charge of the NWA changed and the new people in charge would not sanction the final match as a title match.

So Cabana basically buried the NWA Title on his podcast, and then this happened. The idea was that Pearce was going to lose the best of seven, lose the title, and retire. But that got blown up, so unless they are working everybody (which is always a possibility), Pearce & Cabana decided to shoot on the NWA and toss the belt away.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

To everything, there is a season. And as it goes, the seasons change.

As I pen this, I am only hours removed form the biggest moment in my wrestling career; a moment that surely has not hit me yet. Colt Cabana defeated me in #7LevelsOfHate, ending a war of more than two years, but also ending an era. My season changed.

As I lay there mid-ring, bleeding profusely and soon to tap out to Cabana's 'Billy Goat's Curse', I had a clear and lucid moment wherein I knew unequivocally that I was also about to give up something more, something much bigger than I.

On five occasions I have been blessed and honored to have worn the 'ten pounds of gold'. It is without question my greatest wrestling achievement and the undisputed highlight of my career. But as I plainly told the wrestling world at the outset of #7Levels, if I couldn't beat Colt Cabana in the series, I would walk away.

The fact is that I lost. And now I must walk away.

Thank you to the National Wrestling Alliance for believing in me. The faith showed by the previous leadership and membership will never be lost on me, nor will the respect that has been shown me by the new leadership. I sincerely thank all of you with the same passion and pride that I tried to pour into every single performance along the way, and I humbly wish you nothing but the very best as we all move forward.

The simple truth is that I may never step foot into an NWA ring again. Should that come to pass, please know that the times that I did are among the happiest of my entire life.

I can only hope that the next man to wear my "sweet Charlotte" will feel exactly the same.

With respect and love for professional wrestling and the NWA,
                    Adam Pearce

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

Im guessing they have no idea what they had in Colt ... the new ownership is not really wrestling people

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                        Im guessing they have no idea what they had in Colt ... the new ownership is not really wrestling people
                        I can see why Colt is annoyed. From his point of view, that title doesn't mean shit and if anything, he potentially means more to the title than the title means to him. So fuck it, fuck your title.

Pearce is kinda caught in the middle.

The new braintrust should have just let these guys finish off their story the way it was intended. Then booked Colt to drop the belt to whoever they prefer.

Fact is, Colt is probably the best choice right now out of the unsigned indie talent. Maybe THE SHEIK wants to buy another title run.

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

Lol I remember that bullshit The Sheik thing. It's amazing how stupid the NWA STILL is, you'd think at some point they'd be less intrusive and naive to the wrestling world but... here we go.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Here are my official Hell in a Cell predictions:

I can honestly say this is my most anticipated World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-view in quite some time, perhaps Extreme Rules from earlier in the year.

I can honestly say this is my most anticipated World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-view in quite some time, perhaps Extreme Rules from earlier in the year. What’s similar about both is I didn’t enjoy the booking going into the pay-per-view, but it didn’t reduce my interest level. When the word was to pit Brock Lesnar against John Cena only a month into Lesnar’s reemergence I was scratching my head. In the end, the match turned out real well and even though Lesnar dropped the decision, it didn’t hurt his long-term ability to draw in the WWE.

Fast forward to today and we’re on the heels of what some are calling one of the biggest hotshots in professional wrestling history. Ryback, only a few months into a super push is being thrust into the WWE Title picture against CM Punk inside Hell in a Cell.

The issue I have with this booking, and again this isn’t reducing my excitement is it seems lose-lose-lose. One scenario includes Ryback beating CM Punk for the title hurts Punk slightly and really takes a lot of steam off Punk’s current gimmick and storyline. Likewise, Ryback winning seems rushed and long term plans still point to The Rock vs. Punk at Royal Rumble 2013, so what’s the real benefit of a short Ryback title reign?

The other scenario is Punk beating Ryback, which obviously speaks for itself. Ryback’s streak ends, Punk continues his momentum but you may never get people behind Ryback again without the streak.

Of course, you can also do some type of disqualification/no-content, then again we’re in the Hell in a Cell, so you end up killing the Hell in a Cell gimmick largely. You can also have someone interfere, cost Ryback or Punk the title, but again that demeans the point of the Hell in a Cell but seems like a relatively reasonable scenario.

Anyway, let’s get to the predictions. I enlisted the help of 1,003 Holds podcast co-host Dexter Brocks to help out. Let’s see how we do, also let us know what you’re thinking in the comments section or tweet us: @voiceswrestling.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

I'm spamming Pearce as we speak to try to get him on the podcast to clear up this NWA mess. Plus we can talk booking ROH too.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

Why does Michael Hayes still have a fucking job?

Comment

Working...