Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by manchild24

SO....

Any thoughts on the draft tonight.
    lol, ask and ye shall receive....

They moved the draft up from the summer to tonight because of the injury to Edge. So it's definitely a panic move because, well, Smackdown is pretty bare.

First, I think it's hilarious they still have drafts since guys appear on either show as it is. Anyway....

- It's possible they swap Miz and Del Rio (I expect ADR to win the belt...although Christian should get it IMO)

- It would be fresh if they move John Cena but not realistic

- The biggest name I see them moving is Randy Orton. He's done pretty much everything he can on RAW (he's already beaten Punk a few times, he's feuded with Sheamus and Miz). Smackdown needs an established face and he can be that guy.

- I could see them swapping the mid card belts (Barrett/Sheamus)

- Guys I would expect have a good chance of moving to RAW: Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger (despite the fact he's pretty much been on RAW every week for the past two months ), Kofi Kingston and any other assorted low level guys.

Smackdown is barren.

- Technically, it would be smart of them to move Sin Cara to Smackdown so he can learn the ropes without the pressure of LIVE TV....but I doubt they do becauset hey seem hell bent on shooting him to the moon from day one and I'm not sure having both he and Mysterio on the same show right now would work.

(I love the fantasy angle where he and Mysterio feud...with Mysterio acting as a heel {when was the last time he did...if ever?} to the new fresh guy in Sin Cara. Ultimately, S.C. wins the feud and Mysterio reveals he wanted to test him and make sure he had what it took to succeed so he returns as a babyface at the end.)

As far as others potentially leaving RAW….

- CM Punk (I hope he doesn't, because he's awesome….plus if they move Orton, I would suspect they'd keep Punk on RAW)

- Daniel Bryan (For whatever reason, they took the belt off him and he's done nothing of note since. He could use a fresh start against fresh opponents)

- Ron Killings (perhaps his new heel turn finds him moved to SD where he can be an upper midcarder or perhaps even more…especially if Del Rio is moved)

- Zack Ryder (he's apparently an underground favorite thanks to YouTube/Twitter…why not move the guy and give him some TV time?)

- John Morrison (I'd think he has a good chance of moving since SD needs a babyface but RAW can't give up all of theirs….and if he's moved, expect Melina to go as well…unless they want to be dicks about it lol)

Not sure how many guys they're moving but here are my picks:

To SD:
    -Randy Orton
    -Ron Killings
    -Shaemus
    -Daniel Bryan
    -Alicia Fox
    -Zack Ryder

To RAW:
    -Cody Rhodes
    -Kofi Kingston
    -Wade Barrett
    -Jack Swagger
    -no idea

Comment

• manchild24
      Kyle got fired
      • Nov 2008

The web address of Alberto Del Rio's profile page on WWE.com denoted the WWE Superstar as a member of the Raw roster today

Comment

• BigBiss
        • Mar 2009

I could see a lay-cool breakup though the draft. McCool to Raw I could see happening

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

They are probably going to do some ghey shit like Miz to Smackdown and ADR to RAW, as if that changes anything.

They should move Orton to SD. After the Punk match he basically has nothing to do, so its a perfect time to move him over.

Danielson should move over to SD!, too. Just so they could give him something legit to do every week.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

god damn Rima has a nice ass

Comment

• SHOGUN
              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
              • Jul 2009

Cena to Smackdown. Pretty shocking result.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
                • Jul 2009

Mysterio to RAW. Bleh.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  • Jul 2009

Orton to Smackdown. WTF.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                    Mysterio to RAW. Bleh.
                    Has he ever been on Raw? Think he's been SD for his entire WWE run...

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

He was for a VERY brief period from what I remember.

Why do I have a feeling Cena is going back to Raw? Can they really have Morrison and Rey as the top faces on Raw?
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        • Jul 2009

Mark Henry and Sin Cara to Smackdown.

I like the Sin Cara move.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          • Jul 2009

Alberto Del Rio to RAW.

Big Show got drafted there, too.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                            Has he ever been on Raw? Think he's been SD for his entire WWE run...
                            He was on RAW twice as a "RAW Superstar"...both times, with extreme quickness was sent back to Smackdown.

With the move of Sin Cara to Smackdown (surely to edit out what will be Botchamania 169-174), the move of Mysterio on RAW looks more permanent than it has in the past. The E values that Latino viewership that follows Smackdown.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

This just reeks of typical WWE Creative Team nonsense of writing this this morning and Vince McMahon changing shit up 15 minutes before show time...the Cena "draft pick" just reeks of it, as well as overcompensating with Orton and other random bullshit they are putting together.

This is the time of the year when I tune the WWE out, and this draft nonsense is one of the major reasons why.

They are booking themselves into a corner with their two title matches at the next PPV.

Comment

• tigga334
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                                Why do I have a feeling Cena is going back to Raw? Can they really have Morrison and Rey as the top faces on Raw?

good call, vince could've shocked us all by keeping cena on smackdown.

Comment

Working...