X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    After watching the matches, I think the booking so far, from the matchups, to the way the way the matches have played out, to who we have left, has been nothing short of brilliant.

I'm really hyped up to see the rest of the tournament, i've been checking YouTube every hour or so waiting for the next set of matches.
    You have any links? I'd love to check that out.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
      You have any links? I'd love to check that out.
      Here's the guy with the uploads

He has a ton of stuff. Just go to his uploads and look for the match-ups (should be from 2-days ago, I think).

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
        Here's the guy with the uploads

He has a ton of stuff. Just go to his uploads and look for the match-ups (should be from 2-days ago, I think).
        Yeah, thats the guy.

You can just type "Super J Cup 2009" in the search window on the YouTube homepage and you'll see the links.

People are really buzzing about Koji Kanemoto vs. Fujita Jr Hayato....calling it a MOTY candidate and a star making match for Fujita Jr.. Story wise, I thought it was a very good veteran vs. young up-and-comer match. It reminded me of Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black from Philly in 2007, the match that made Black.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Well, Bret Hart will be on RAW starting next week. They definitely teased Shawn as wanting to do something to Bret.

Should be interesting, hopefully it won't suck.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

For some people thinking that Hart hosting would be "no big deal" and wouldn't mean much to the current WWE fans, the reaction that Vince got with the announcement makes me think otherwise.

I am curious what direction they are going with Michaels wanting to face The Undertaker. As good as that match was last year, is a repeat really a good idea? Everyone seems to think the E wants Trips against HBK at WM, with Cena-Undertaker a popular suggestion. The stuff between McMahon and Michales tonight seemed to be suggesting that Michaels would have to win the Rumble....

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

I've heard that HHH may do something with Shamus while Cena is matched with Taker.

Who knows what they plan do to do with Orton and Shawn.

Comment

• Derrville
                Dallas has no coaching...
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                For some people thinking that Hart hosting would be "no big deal" and wouldn't mean much to the current WWE fans, the reaction that Vince got with the announcement makes me think otherwise.
                Alot of people feel Bret Never really drew. Ric Flair i believe is one of the guys that really believes that. Some of the arguments go like this.

While he was in the top dog in WWF, the NWO and WCW was winning the MNW. Once he left to WCW Things really didnt change much. Many thought the WWF fans, the Bret Hart fans would follow Hart to WCW and WWF would die but that really never happened. Ergo, Hart wasnt the draw he and Mcmahon thought he was.
                Last edited by Derrville; 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Flair and Bret don't like each other much so they have always knocked each other.

Bret was on top as the real top guy in 1994 and then in 1996. There's no question he was not as big a draw as the Attitude guys were but it's not like Bret had such amazing talent to work with in terms of big draws either.

Hell, you could argue Shawn Michaels wasn't a draw in his first run between 1996 until losing to Austin.

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

Exactly. If Hart never drew, then neither did HBK.

It was more the era than anything, hell Hart was running main events with Hakushi for almost half a year. 1995-1996 was terrible for the WWF, nobody could've drawn well the roster just wasn't not good and didn't have enough depth.
                    Last edited by FedEx227; 12-29-2009, 12:49 PM.
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                      Exactly. If Hart never drew, then neither did HBK.

It was more the era than anything, hell Hart was running main events with Hakushi for almost half a year. 1995-1996 was terrible for the WWF, nobody could've drawn well the roster just wasn't not good and didn't have enough depth.
                      Definitely.

But Diesel was worse than both.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

I agree, but then again he had the task of main eventing a Summerslam with fuckin' Mabel.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Ironically, the best matches of his career happened in that run. Survivor Series vs. Bret had an awesome build (like a legit fight), Good Friends, Better Enemies vs. Shawn and then WM XII with Taker.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

I would say that neither Hart nor HBK could draw on their own...there are only a limited number of wrestlers that could legitimately say they can "draw" on a national level...you are looking at Hogan, Austin, etc.

Bret's run at the top was during a down time for the WWF, post-Hogan for most of the time...now, whether or not you blame the guy at the top or not is another discussion.

Kevin Nash was even worse...just a bad time without the right guys at the top.

Comment

• Derrville
                              Dallas has no coaching...
                              • Jul 2009

TNA released Kip James (Bad Ass Billy Gunn) and Cody Deaner.

Comment

• Epidemik
                                Commitment to Excellence
                                • Jul 2009

There is a poll on WWE.com regarding the return of Bret "Hitman" Hart. It reads as follows:

What should be the first order of business for Bret Hart when he returns to Raw?

A)-Address the WWE Universe live for the first time in 12 years.

B)-Throttle WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon for Montreal in 1997.

C)-Pass out an electric pink pair of his signature sunglasses.

D)-Seek out Shawn Michaels and challenge him to a WWE Iron Man Match.

Here are the current results:

A)-23.37%
                                B)-4.50%
                                C)-3.11%
                                D)-68.99%

Comment

Working...