Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

What they are giving back seems to be pretty fair.

On one side them shutting it off was a pain in the ass for a lot of people but in the end it pretty much had to be done.

On the flip side if they weren't a bunch of morons to begin with they wouldn't of had their whole back end open like many are saying it was.

Anyone whining about it not being enough though in terms of just getting what they paid for back is reaching and greedy.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• KNUBB
      WHITE RONDO
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
      Add the person who decided it would be a good idea to wait so damn long to tell everyone their info was stolen to that list.
      Quit the ignorance. They did not know immediately that the info was stolen. It wasn't until they got the outside security people to check it out did they find out. In which they updated us that night. Even then they weren't fully sure if they got it because all of that information was encrypted.

Comment

• j.hen
        Self Care
        • Oct 2008

I will be taking full advantage of all the free shit they pass out after the damage is fixed.

Comment

• padman59
          Slayer of Demons
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
          big fucking deal. some crappy arcade game and plus....plus will have a bunch of shitty free content during that month too. oh a music site. big fucking deal. how does any of that make up for them allows millions of users to be exposed to identity theft and CC fraud?
          You're right, but Sony knows they fucked up and is trying to make amends. Sony is willing to pay to replace a credit card and other identity theft services. They're willing to refund the prorated amount you paid for PS+ and refund any money left in your wallet if you so choose. It's not like they're saying "Here's some free games for a month. Forget this happened." What they're doing is a step in the right direction IMO.

Originally posted by hackett
          They're giving away shit that should already be free. Pretty much confirmed now.
          What should be free? PS+? Qriocity?

Comment

• GoRedRocket
            Noob
            • May 2011

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwn4R_GexLM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

LOL

Comment

• hackett
              the dude abides
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by padman59
              What should be free? PS+? Qriocity?
              I think Sony needs to focus on better online gaming and charge for that instead of PS+. I'd rather pay for security and have them include whatever they charge for now (PS+) instead of the other way around.

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by hackett
                I think Sony needs to focus on better online gaming and charge for that instead of PS+. I'd rather pay for security and have them include whatever they charge for now (PS+) instead of the other way around.
                Maybe I'm one of the few that is actually content with the PS3's online experience, and that's why I don't see much of a problem with it. First and foremost though, security should have been top notch for everyone from the beginning, and there shouldn't be varying levels based on who wants to pay, if that's what you're saying. Now, I think it's clear that Sony isn't going to start charging customers to play online anytime soon, and I think it would be a mistake if they suddenly changed their model in the middle of the PS3's lifespan.

As far as PS+ is concerned, it's a great service for it's value.

Comment

• KNUBB
                  WHITE RONDO
                  • Jun 2009

However, I am disappointed that some of the features that were supposed to be available at it's launch (cross-game voice chat) still haven't made their way to subscribers. I'm sure that was a selling point to quite a few.
                  That was a rumor. Sony never said that was a feature of PS+. People started making guesses at what PS+ would have and I specifically remember that being the primary one that people HOPED would be a feature. Sony never said Cross Game Chat was a PS+ feature.

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                    That was a rumor. Sony never said that was a feature of PS+. People started making guesses at what PS+ would have and I specifically remember that being the primary one that people HOPED would be a feature. Sony never said Cross Game Chat was a PS+ feature.
                    I swear I remember the guy at E3 saying that would be a feature when they announced PS+ last summer. I even remember reading details on how it worked (not limited to PS+ users but had to be initiated by one).

EDIT: Damn. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

• Spidey
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                      Quit the ignorance. They did not know immediately that the info was stolen. It wasn't until they got the outside security people to check it out did they find out. In which they updated us that night. Even then they weren't fully sure if they got it because all of that information was encrypted.
                      Small correction. The only thing encrypted apparently was CC info. Everything else apparently was plain text, including passwords.

Very careless on Sony's part with the passwords. Amazing that a tech company of Sony's size would be foolish enough to not encrypt passwords. However, at least they encrypted the CC info. Changing a password isn't too much of an inconvenience. Stolen credit card is a bit more troublesome.

Comment

• dropshot001
                        • Sep 2024

if they give away free stuff i'll be taking advantage of it. hopefully my cc number wasn't stolen

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Maybe I'm one of the few that is actually content with the PS3's online experience, and that's why I don't see much of a problem with it. First and foremost though, security should have been top notch for everyone from the beginning, and there shouldn't be varying levels based on who wants to pay, if that's what you're saying. Now, I think it's clear that Sony isn't going to start charging customers to play online anytime soon, and I think it would be a mistake if they suddenly changed their model in the middle of the PS3's lifespan.

As far as PS+ is concerned, it's a great service for it's value.
                          They won't change their stance on that. Besides being a BluRay player, the biggest thing the PS3 has over the 360 is the free online service. No way would they give up that edge right now, even with the security breach.

The next console generation may be different- who knows? But for now, its not a worry.

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                            They won't change their stance on that. Besides being a BluRay player, the biggest thing the PS3 has over the 360 is the free online service. No way would they give up that edge right now, even with the security breach.

The next console generation may be different- who knows? But for now, its not a worry.
                            If anything it does give a nice little glimps into the pay service over free and it doesn't really surprise me how mickey mouse everything has been sounding on the ps3 end.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• BigBucs
                              Unpretentious
                              • May 2009

big fucking deal. some crappy arcade game and plus....plus will have a bunch of shitty free content during that month too. oh a music site. big fucking deal. how does any of that make up for them allows millions of users to be exposed to identity theft and CC fraud?
                              seriously? isnt that what lastfm is for?
                              You are one angry X-Bot.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                                Wakka Wakka
                                • Dec 2008

I just had a dream the PSN was back on and everything was right in the world
                                THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

Working...