X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
    Until about 2 years ago the PSN was relatively unknown and a joke. With Sony selling the PS3 at a loss I am pretty sure most of the operating costs is either coming from software or out of pocket.
    Sony has been turning a profit on the PS3 since July '10 if I remember correctly. They might have built a higher contributing percentage into the software but they are not doing it out of pocket. I write business cases as part of my job responsibilities and our customers pay for everything, even what they think is free.

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

There are some serious hard headed people in this thread. Just because online gaming through PSN is "free" (although MrBill nailed exactly how "free" the service is perfectly) doesn't mean there is nothing to feel upset about or even want reimbursement for. They had a security breach in which many people could have or did have their identities exposed. Now, you can say "Oh well this could happen anywhere" and while you would be right, this is the PSN thread and it is happening to PSN. I'm not going to hypothetically say "Well, my identity could have been stolen, but hey, that could have happened at Amazon too so oh well." That logic makes no sense.

And as far as "understanding" how IT stuff works, come off of it man. If Sony had ANY clue what they were doing they would stop throwing out dates when things will be back up, and then not meeting them. It's funny to me that Knubb claims he's being "logical" and that he's the only one being "logical" in this thread. Give me a break. Sony is basically on fire right now and have seemingly no way of containing the blaze. You're acting like it's all good because sometimes these things happen? I'd wager 99% of Sony's employee's would disagree with you. And that's just thinking about it from a technical standpoint, and not even touching the PR shitstorm they have created for themselves.

All of that said, if they find a way for me to unlock Portal 2 for the PC while they figure this shit out, we're all good as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by PP
        It is somewhere. I am not going back through the thread though.
        I searched reimbursement through the thread and found one post about MLB.tv and Netflix extras. Either way, it has nothing to do with what I said about Knubb's post. It's a built-in feature that people did in fact pay for, and people are upset about it as they should be. It's like buying The Show and getting a version without RTTS in it and saying it's not a big deal cuz you didn't pay extra for it. Just sounds retarded.

Comment

• PP
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Primetime232
          I searched reimbursement through the thread and found one post about MLB.tv and Netflix extras. Either way, it has nothing to do with what I said about Knubb's post. It's a built-in feature that people did in fact pay for, and people are upset about it as they should be. It's like buying The Show and getting a version without RTTS in it and saying it's not a big deal cuz you didn't pay extra for it. Just sounds retarded.
          You mean buying a game with broken game modes? That doesn't happen all the time..

Comment

• Primetime
            Thank You Prince
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by PP
            You mean buying a game with broken game modes? That doesn't happen all the time..

No. Show me one game that promises a game mode in the finished product that just simply isn't included....please.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Is PP's sole purpose in this thread to bounce around groaning any post that even slightly takes issue with Sony's handling of this? It's really starting to look pretty lame.

Comment

• Primetime
                Thank You Prince
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                Is PP's sole purpose in this thread to bounce around groaning any post that even slightly takes issue with Sony's handling of this? It's really starting to look pretty lame.
                Funny thing is...I haven't even so much as mentioned anything about the way Sony is handling this.

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

Don't worry, he doesn't care and he isn't mad about it. Just wait for him to remind us for the 3rd time....

Comment

• Scikotic
                    Straight out the Asylum
                    • Apr 2011

He's more persistent than a raging case of herpes.

Comment

• Scikotic
                      Straight out the Asylum
                      • Apr 2011

Im not even sure why PP is such a PS3 fanboy. The only color they come in is black....

Comment

• BigBucs
                        Unpretentious
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                        WHAT MONEY!!!!! The PSN is a free service and no one is putting money into said service. Any money spent was put into a GAME SYSTEM. Nothing else. In this case you aren't even rebutting my statements and simply holding onto your little argument which in this case makes you the fanboy/hater since you can't make a logical argument. You're pretty much just saying "I'm right and you're wrong" in so many words.
                        Dont be a dickhead. If PSN wasnt included I wouldnt even brought a PS3.

Comment

• PP
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Scikotic
                          Im not even sure why PP is such a PS3 fanboy. The only color they come in is black....
                          False.

Comment

• ~Chance~
                            Blaze one for the NATION
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PP
                            False.
                            yeahh...But nobody like fat chicks. Especially fat WHITE chicks.

Comment

• DDRGuido
                              gx
                              • Feb 2009

im in new orleans for poker till sunday. I really really really hope Psn is up by then
                              Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.816; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54

Comment

• KNUBB
                                WHITE RONDO
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
                                im in new orleans for poker till sunday. I really really really hope Psn is up by then
                                Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.816; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54
                                Good luck in the tourney

Comment

Working...