• Handleit_44
    Posts a lot
    • Jun 2009

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
      No numbers in that release = me not all that impressed.
      You really don't think a lot of people preordered? A lot of people at NeoGAF alone preordered, so I'm guessing numbers were high.

Regardless though, considering preorders mean dick, who cares? A month from now we could learn that [RUMOR!!] turning on your PS4 will make your fridge become a sentient killing machine and [RUMOR!!!] Jesus rose from the dead to endorse the XBJ. This has been the most overeactive launch ever.

Comment

• Garrett67
        Glory Hole Monitor
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Handleit_44
        During the video interview, GameTrailers asked Mattrick about the new console’s connectivity requirements. The following is a transcription of his response:
        Some of the advantages that you get, of having, a box that is designed to use an online state, so, that, uh, to me is the future-proof choice, and I think people, could’ve arguably gone the other way if we didn’t do it and fortunately we have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity, it’s called Xbox 360.

The interviewer pressed, asking if that was really Microsoft’s message. Mattrick continued:

Well, if you have zero access to the internet, that is an offline device, I mean, seriously, when I read the blogs, and thought about who’s really the most impacted, there was a person who said ‘hey, I’m on a nuclear sub,’ and I don’t even know what it means to be on a nuclear sub but I’ve gotta imagine it’s not easy to get an internet connection.

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by SethMode
          You really don't think a lot of people preordered? A lot of people at NeoGAF alone preordered, so I'm guessing numbers were high.

Regardless though, considering preorders mean dick, who cares? A month from now we could learn that [RUMOR!!] turning on your PS4 will make your fridge become a sentient killing machine and [RUMOR!!!] Jesus rose from the dead to endorse the XBJ. This has been the most overeactive launch ever.
          I'm sure a lot of people did. I just think it's pointless to put out a press release like that without including numbers. Telling me that they're impressed doesn't impress me, but if they include the actual numbers, then I might be impressed.

Comment

• SethMode
            Master of Mysticism
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
            I'm sure a lot of people did. I just think it's pointless to put out a press release like that without including numbers. Telling me that they're impressed doesn't impress me, but if they include the actual numbers, then I might be impressed.
            Hasn't MS policy through and through (even with huge sellers like Minecraft) been that they don't divulge numbers though? Sure those numbers usually get out, but never through MS.

Besides, this is a rallying call, not a "let's prove to someone people love us!" It's a "You made the right decision! These people think so too!" (which seems to be what most gamers yearn for)

Further, and related to Garrett's post: are people really that bothered by the 24 hour check in? I know that MS are being dicks about it, but I can honestly say that the only time I was without the internet for more than 24 hours in the last say, 5 years, was either when I was moving and it hadn't been set up yet, or hurricane Irene (during which I had no power).

I get that there are all sorts of crazy "what if" situations, and that people don't want to have to be on the internet to play single player. I get it. But is it really that big of a deal anymore?

Comment

• JBauerisGod
              ...is amazing.
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
              Hasn't MS policy through and through (even with huge sellers like Minecraft) been that they don't divulge numbers though? Sure those numbers usually get out, but never through MS.

Besides, this is a rallying call, not a "let's prove to someone people love us!" It's a "You made the right decision! These people think so too!" (which seems to be what most gamers yearn for)

Further, and related to Garrett's post: are people really that bothered by the 24 hour check in? I know that MS are being dicks about it, but I can honestly say that the only time I was without the internet for more than 24 hours in the last say, 5 years, was either when I was moving and it hadn't been set up yet, or hurricane Irene (during which I had no power).

I get that there are all sorts of crazy "what if" situations, and that people don't want to have to be on the internet to play single player. I get it. But is it really that big of a deal anymore?
              There's an ISP here that loses internet connectivity at least once a month for days at a time. Hundreds of people, occasionally thousands, lose their internet for up to three or four days, at times a week. This is in a college town. There is nothing these residents can do, because it's the only ISP on that side of town.

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
                There's an ISP here that loses internet connectivity at least once a month for days at a time. Hundreds of people, occasionally thousands, lose their internet for up to three or four days, at times a week. This is in a college town. There is nothing these residents can do, because it's the only ISP on that side of town.
                Deal with it!

Comment

• Atlas
                  BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                  • Feb 2010

Or move away from that shithole town

Comment

• Pitty
                    Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
                    And your major concern is the internet being used for your vidja game system? Drop out of college, please.

Comment

• Primetime
                      Thank You Prince
                      • Nov 2008

You can't even play online on 1.5 mbps now. Even double that is usually awful.

Comment

• Atlas
                        BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                        • Feb 2010

768k is the minimum for this gen, so im sure the ps4 and xbone will be about the same in terms of speed requirements again...

Comment

• PepperNY
                          Best in the World
                          • Jan 2011

Has Twigg been kidnapped? Figured he wouldn't miss an opportunity to do more Microsoft bashing and he's been awfully quiet since E3 started lol

Comment

• Primetime
                            Thank You Prince
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by PepperNY
                            Has Twigg been kidnapped? Figured he wouldn't miss an opportunity to do more Microsoft bashing and he's been awfully quiet since E3 started lol
                            He's on vacation. No matter what side you are on, Lord help us all when he comes back.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                              ...is amazing.
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
                              And your major concern is the internet being used for your vidja game system? Drop out of college, please.
                              Lulz. I see your college education has served you well. He asked if the internet check-in was even a big deal, and I listed an example of a situation where a ton of people who would likely own an Xbone wouldn't be able to use it.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                                Posts a lot
                                • Jun 2009

Comment

Working...