The Trade Deadline Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slateman
    • Apr 2009

What do you guys think the Nationals trade players are worth?

Jason Marquis
    Lance Nix
    Pudge

I think Marquis last two outings hurt his chances. Before that, he was having a career year. He was keeping the ball down and going deep in to ball games.

Nix is surpassing all expectations right now. .274/.315/.502 with 12 homers.

Pudge is still the veteran signal caller. A couple teams right now are probably interested in him (Giants are one I would assume)

The Nats need a couple things, of course. They need a leadoff hitter in the worst way. Someone who can get on base so that when Espinosa/Zimmerman/Morse hit home runs, they aren't solo shots.

Nats also need a shortstop who can hit AND play defense. Ian Desmond seems to be one or the other. Last year he had some pop but played like crap. This year, its the opposite.

I also think the Nats should consider trading someone out of their bullpen. Clippard or Henry Rodriguez. Both are future closers. But the Nats are set at closer with Storen. There's always teams looking for a closer or set up man for a late push. H-Rod could be cheaper than K-Rod.
    The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
    As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
    If only I had died instead of you
    O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• manchild24
      Kyle got fired
      • Nov 2008

I love the trade deadline. One of my favorite times of the MLB season.

Curious to see what the following do.

Phillies - will they add a bat, still wishing they wo
      would have traded for Michael Young with all that bullshit going on in the preseason with him. I honestly cant see them doing anything here.

Angles - My honest opinion. They sit quite, save money and then go after Puljos in the offseason. He can DH and play first. Shame but Morales is never going to be the same.

Red Sox- I dont think they have any more money to spend

Yankees - always curious to see who they over pay for. This year they wont have the Pirates to rape for their star player.

Pirates - 1 game out right now. will they add a piece or stay put.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Slateman
        What do you guys think the Nationals trade players are worth?

Jason Marquis
        Lance Nix
        Pudge
        Marquis - Someone will overpay for him. Teams looking for SP's tend to get panicky.

Nix - He will come cheap and go to a NL contender needing a LH power bat off the bench.

Pudge - PTBNL (C-level 25 y/o minor leaguer with no upside) & cash considerations

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Jason Marquis - A nice mid-level pitching prospect and some change
          Lance Nix - Low Ball playing prospect with upside...probably pitching.
          Pudge - Someone who will probably never play.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            I would be surprised if the Braves gave up either of them. I haven't seen much of Quentin this year to say, but is his defense still bad? If so, that's a bad deal for Atlanta.
            The Braves have an inordinate amount of pitching prospect depth.

If they could swing Minor for Quentin, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              The Braves have an inordinate amount of pitching prospect depth.

If they could swing Minor for Quentin, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
              I've heard this mentioned before. I'd probably do it but who the fuck plays CF when Chipper gets back and moves Prado to left?

Quentin/Heyward/Prado is a solid offensive outfield, and two of those guys are plus corner defenders .... but none of them can play center. Braves need a CF and leadoff guy primarily. I would love to target Michael Bourn and offer the Astros a few B-prospects. Their system is so bare that they'll take any high probability/low ceiling guys they can get.

JJ Hoover, Christian Betancourt and Carlos Perez for Bourn and Keppinger please.

Comment

• Slateman
                • Apr 2009

Are the A's willing to deal Gio Gonzalez?

Comment

• Slateman
                  • Apr 2009

Brad Peacock/Ross Detwiler + Derek Norris/Chris Marrero + H-Rod/Tyler Clippard + some other minor leaguer for Gio?

Comment

• Goober
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Feb 2009

Hopefully the Reds really stumble out of the all star break, they have the pieces to trade for anyone they want. Just not the money.

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

TOR sends Rivera to LAD for future/cash considerations.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                        TOR sends Rivera to LAD for future/cash considerations.
                        LAWL

Something tells me the Blue Jays will be receiving the player to be named later, as opposed to the cash, from the Dodgers.

Why exactly are the Dodgers adding payroll?

Because someone more expensive is about to be moved. Stay tuned.

Comment

• Obst
                          RIP West
                          • Oct 2008

The Reds have Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez "on their radar," report Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. However, the Rockies "have yet to engage in meaningful dialogue about Jimenez with the Reds or any other club," and the Reds are not certain to be trade deadline buyers.

If the Rockies do seriously entertain trading Jimenez, it will shake a trade market bereft of front-end starting pitchers. Rosenthal said on Saturday that the Rockies "are not shopping Jimenez, but they will listen on anyone other than Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez." Rosenthal said that "if the Rockies get an offer that makes sense, they will give it serious consideration."

Rosenthal and Morosi kick around the idea of a Reds package starting with Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, or Travis Wood, but I think that could be beat if teams like the Yankees, Cardinals, Tigers, Phillies, or Pirates come calling.
                          The Reds have Rockies ace Ubaldo Jimenez "on their radar," report Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.  …

Comment

• Goober
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                            LAWL

Something tells me the Blue Jays will be receiving the player to be named later, as opposed to the cash, from the Dodgers.

Why exactly are the Dodgers adding payroll?

Because someone more expensive is about to be moved. Stay tuned.
                            JAMEY CARROLL TO THE BREWERS

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

I'm not sure I would trade Bailey, Leake, or Wood for Ubaldo, let alone a package. Definately not Bailey. Ubaldo had a career year, he's no better than those guys and all three are younger and under team control.

Comment

• Obst
                                RIP West
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                                I'm not sure I would trade Bailey, Leake, or Wood for Ubaldo, let alone a package. Definately not Bailey. Ubaldo had a career year, he's no better than those guys and all three are younger and under team control.
                                His road stats are: 2.28 ERA, only 1 HR allowed, batters are batting .155, 0.90 WHIP, .215 BABIP and a 2.33 FIP (55.1 IP). I think he is better than the Red pitchers with "upside". Personally I would give up whatever prospects the Rockies wanted for him, but I highly doubt the Phillies would make an offer.

Comment

Working...