X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
    Lex Luger Summerslam 93 is an example of it pretty much destroying all momentum.
    ROH waited too long on Tyler Black, too. Fans ended up turning on him.

With that said, I actually agree with Hogan on this on. Roode just screams mid card to me. I never "got" Roode, I can't see him being a big star.

Comment

• adembroski
      All-Inclusive!
      • Feb 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYIzrH9olqM&feature=player_embedded"]Crosshairs - Battlefield 3, WWE '12, CM Punk - YouTube[/ame]

Skip to 8:38 for Punk interview.
      S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD

With that said, I actually agree with Hogan on this on. Roode just screams mid card to me. I never "got" Roode, I can't see him being a big star.
        I like that Lex Luger comparison, even though the crowd ate it up that night. After that, he floundered.

And even though I disagree with you about Roode, what do they stand to lose by putting the belt on him? It'd mean more than leaving it on Angle or putting it on Sting or Hardy or Anderson again. They should have put him over and let him go and see if he can be a main eventer or if he really is a midcarder. Hogan pulling the rug out from under him while favoring fellow dipshit Jeff Hardy isn't surprising in the least.
        SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

The momentum for Roode might not be completely gone, but it will definitely be down now. If they do give him the belt, it just not going to be the same as going over Angle clean at their biggest show. That was a letdown for fans and I'm doubtful that anything TNA manages to do from here with Roode compensates for it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
            I like that Lex Luger comparison, even though the crowd ate it up that night. After that, he floundered.

And even though I disagree with you about Roode, what do they stand to lose by putting the belt on him? It'd mean more than leaving it on Angle or putting it on Sting or Hardy or Anderson again. They should have put him over and let him go and see if he can be a main eventer or if he really is a midcarder. Hogan pulling the rug out from under him while favoring fellow dipshit Jeff Hardy isn't surprising in the least.
            SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1
            It's like I said in the other thread, it really doesn't matter who is champion anyway because the title means nothing.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Its not whether or not you agree with Hogan or what you think of Roode...the issue is, they kind of committed with putting the title on this guy with the push they did toward their "biggest PPV of the year"...

You basically milked your top PPV off the idea of this guy (doesn't really matter who) finally ascending to the top.

Happens all of the time, its a pretty cliche wrestling program.

The goal though, is to sell the PPV as that guy finally winning...its the whole basis for the push/program.

In typical TNA fashion, they built up their biggest show to be worthless.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Its not whether or not you agree with Hogan or what you think of Roode...the issue is, they kind of committed with putting the title on this guy with the push they did toward their "biggest PPV of the year"...

You basically milked your top PPV off the idea of this guy (doesn't really matter who) finally ascending to the top.

Happens all of the time, its a pretty cliche wrestling program.

The goal though, is to sell the PPV as that guy finally winning...its the whole basis for the push/program.

In typical TNA fashion, they built up their biggest show to be worthless.
                Two things..

-I agree with most of what you say, but again, the title is worthless.

-Hogan is the talk of the business this morning. Gee, what a shock.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                  • Feb 2009

Read some suggestions that Hogan talking TNA brass out of Roode winning the title is down to him not wanting a feel-good moment to end the show that was bigger than his entirely predictable face turn. Nuthin but speculation, but that feels like a classic Hogan move.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                    No longer a noob
                    • Apr 2011

It's like I said in the other thread, it really doesn't matter who is champion anyway because the title means nothing.
                    It's not so much about the title itself. It's about TNA being willing to get behind someone who isn't an established star like Angle/Sting/Hardy, and them actually doing something right in their main event and sending people who wasted their time at a TNA ppv with something worthwhile. Like the WWE. Their title has been devalued (though not to that extent), but it meant something to put the belt on Miz because he was elevated from midcard (which I thought he was, like you with Roode) and they made him THE guy. Roode could just as easily fall right back into obscurity like Pope did.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Two things..

-I agree with most of what you say, but again, the title is worthless.

-Hogan is the talk of the business this morning. Gee, what a shock.
                      That is a product of them doing dumb shit like they did at Bound for Glory.

Making a title worth something is simply a product of booking better.

I think TNA would have done a good job on the program back when they had Angle going through the top 10 or whatever, to get that title shot...stuff like that...coupled with a nice hearty title run puts a lot of meaning back into the title.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Claudio Castagnoli WWE debut

"Mr." Antonio Cesaso

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HiJ_OIfhkwM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HiJ_OIfhkwM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

He seemed a little nervous, but at least he's basically doing an identical gimmick. The name doesn't work as well as Double C, but it's probably the least offensive FCW name since Daniel Bryan.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

He should recreate Very Mysterious Ice Cream

Maybe Very Erotic Brownie.

If only ECW was still on SyFy.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

I read the spoilers, he's already in the main event mix down there. I can't imagine what somebody like CC can actually be learning in developmental when he's better than the majority of the main roster, but that's how the game is played. He's gotta master those chin locks, I suppose.

Reminds me of the story Colt Cabana tells about how one day one of the trainers pulled him aside and was like "I don't know why you're here, you could be teaching these classes".

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Its how they do things there, especially for the more established Indy guys. Its silly, but I mean, they should be using these established guys for the benefit of the young guys. Hot shot the Indy vets and have them show the younger guys that are WWE developmental how to do it.

I haven't really paid attention to FCW, but I did pay attention to OVW, and I always thought the more established Indy guys were used really well. They were top guys, but used well to help move along the talent they wanted to develop that were "WWE" developmental.

Lat I checked FCW was they had rawhides like Mason Ryan working with fellow rawhides like Bo Rotundo and Richie Steamboat, instead of working with more established Indy talents.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Its how they do things there, especially for the more established Indy guys. Its silly, but I mean, they should be using these established guys for the benefit of the young guys. Hot shot the Indy vets and have them show the younger guys that are WWE developmental how to do it.

I haven't really paid attention to FCW, but I did pay attention to OVW, and I always thought the more established Indy guys were used really well. They were top guys, but used well to help move along the talent they wanted to develop that were "WWE" developmental.

Lat I checked FCW was they had rawhides like Mason Ryan working with fellow rawhides like Bo Rotundo and Richie Steamboat, instead of working with more established Indy talents.
                                Yeah, for example they have Seth Rollins feuding with Dean Ambrose, two of the most experienced guys down there. And according to the spoilers Cesaro will be programmed with Rollins. Not that im complaining about potential Tyler Black/Claudio matches, but it feeds into your point.

I suppose these experienced vets can flesh out there characters before they hit TV. And no matter how good you are, you need to learn the WWE TV style, but for guys like CC and others I would imagine its not much of a problem to slow things down.

Comment

Working...