X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Maynard
    gaming pretty much sucks now. look at that lineup of releases for the xbox 1 - they are all game sequals.
    Quantum Break, Ryse, Watch Dogs, Destiny, The Evil Within, Respawn's Project Titan

I still find it funny that you think just b/c a game is a sequel, it blows.

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

That opening line of games doesn't seem too bad at all imo

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

6 new games. wow. yes, most sequels suck

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Maynard
          6 new games. wow. yes, most sequels suck
          "They're all sequels!!! Oh, wait, no, there's 6 new ones, but that's still shitty!"

Lol. 6 new IPs vs. 7 existing ones when you take out the sports titles. AWFUL I TELL YOU!

It's ok. We all know you'll stick to pirating your games and hating them either way anyways.

Comment

• PP
            • Feb 2010

Most consoles have a handful of new games during its cycle that are AAA.

Comment

• Handleit_44
              Posts a lot
              • Jun 2009

Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets

New proprietary data port makes current-gen products obsolete.

Of the many details that began to trickle out of Microsoft's Xbox One reveal, the next-gen console's controller accessory port went largely unnoticed, but its inclusion could have a lasting impact for players. As we learned during our hands-on session, the new controller will come equipped with a new, proprietary data port that replaces the chat cable connector found on the current generation, which a trusted source tell us will make the system incompatible with existing gaming headsets, including high-end audio products like those made by Astro Gaming, Turtle Beach, Tritton, and others.

While game audio will be available through the system's optical port, in order to support chat communications, headsets will be required to make use of the new connection type. While it's possible that either Microsoft or third-party makers could develop an adapter to offer backwards compatibility, we're told that the new port is part of a larger strategy to gain control over the accessory market. Manufacturers will not only need to develop entirely new products for the new connection standard, but use licensing and authentication protocols from Microsoft, potentially driving up costs for consumers. The licensing program could also limit the variety and competitive nature of the accessory market since all manufacturers would be required to adhere to Microsoft's terms.

On the other hand, the proprietary format could offer significant improvements to the chat audio experience. The new data port reportedly supports stereo audio, potentially for the purpose of delivering game audio directly from the controller or simply boosting mono chat audio in the current-gen to stereo. In the case of the latter, stereo chat audio could lead to virtualized directional communications, allowing players to hear where a nearby player is speaking from — a feature currently found in PC titles like ARMA 2.

When reached for comment, Microsoft representatives didn't explicitly state that current hardware was incompatible, but rather that the company was focusing on new devices:

"We are working with 3rd party headset manufacturers to create new headsets that will take full advantage of the Xbox One technology," company representatives said. "We will share more details in the future."

It's also unclear is whether Microsoft is currently developing a headset solution of its own or will instead utilize the Kinect's noise cancellation and player detection technology to serve as the primary chat receiver.

Comment

• PP
                • Feb 2010

Just like Apple... what the fuck do you need a proprietary connector for in a god damn headset?

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

Why should I need to replace my Astros or Turtle Beaches? Just give me a new fucking cord to plug from the controller to headset.

Comment

• krulmichael
                    STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                    • Feb 2009

The good news just keeps rolling in. Really hoping my Turtle Beach still works with the PS4 because I love that damn thing.

Twitch Channel
                    http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                    Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                    Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                    Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                    Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Golden Taters
                      RIP West
                      • Jul 2009

I don't have a nice headset so I couldn't care less. I expected 360 headsets to be obsolete anyway.

Comment

• PP
                        • Feb 2010

Its about additional revenue streams for MS. Now they have their special connector. All third party companies making addons now have to pay that additional fee to MS for the right to use their patented connector or w/e.

Comment

• 1ke
                          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                          • Mar 2009

So the nicest headset I've ever had in my Turtle Beaches will be useless with the new system should I choose to buy it? Lol ....OK M$. Thanks but no thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Swarley
                            A Special Kind of Cat
                            • Jul 2010

The more I think about it the more I think we'll be able to just purchase a new cord that goes from controller to headset to enable the chat function.

Comment

• Atlas
                              BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
                              • Feb 2010

I'm sure someone will make a $5 adapter, calm down lol...

Comment

• Point Blank
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Epidemik

The longest gif ever, lol.

Comment

Working...